GENERAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY (“this Policy”)
This Policy sets out the basis which Hyphens Pharma International Limited and its’ subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Hyphens Group”) may collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal data about shareholders, employees, partners, customers, suppliers and other individuals for a variety of reasonable purposes as described below. In this Policy, “personal data” has the same meaning given to that term in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and its regulations (“PDPA”).
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
The Hyphens Group collects, uses and discloses personal data in accordance with the data protection principles under the PDPA:
- Purpose – The Hyphens Group collects, uses, discloses and/or processes personal data for a variety of reasonable business purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- Provision of goods and services (including invoicing and account management, processing payment, and responding to customer requests, or for purposes for which the personal data was provided to the Hyphens Group at the time of collection (or as is obvious from the context of collection).
- Maintain contact with customers and other contacts (including where permitted at law, keeping such data subjects informed of market developments, service offerings, seminars and other events organised by the Hyphens Group that may be of interest to or based on the preference of the data subjects).
- Communicating with shareholders of the Hyphens Group in relation to its corporate affairs, including information on the performance, and the products and services, of the Hyphens Group.
- Purposes related to recruitment, and employment of personnel and providing internal services to personnel.
- Submission of data to relevant authorities as required by law.
- Safety, security and legal compliance.
- Transfer to third party service providers and agents and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes.
- Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
Photography and Filming
During the Hyphens Group’s events, photography, sound recording, videotaping and filming may be conducted for use in its publicity materials, e.g. website, brochures, email direct mailers and social media. Photos, sound recordings, videos and film recordings of certain individuals may be made during the Hyphens Group’s events. If any individual does not wish for any photos, sound recordings, videos and film recordings where he appears to be used by the Hyphens Group in its publicity materials, please notify the Hyphens Group at the time of registration for the event. Otherwise, every individual attending the Hyphens Group’s events will be deemed to have given his/her consent to the use of any photos, sound recordings, videos and film recordings where such individual appear to be used by the Hyphens Group.
This Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore.
Complaints can be provided via email or telephone call to the DPO who will investigate and resolve complaints within 5 working days where possible, or if not, the DPO will regularly update the complainant of the status of the investigation and estimated resolution time. Upon completion of the investigation, the DPO will provide written report to the complainant containing the investigation findings and steps to resolution, and confirm with user that complaint has been satisfactorily resolved.
Effect of, and Changes to, this Policy
This Policy is intended to supplement the Hyphens Group’s other policies relating to internet and email use. The Hyphens Group may amend this Policy at any time and from time to time without any specific notice to the data subjects.
Last updated on 8 Dec 2021